Click here to edit title

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Subscription-scandal

Omniel Kavarden

Most of you probably had the same issue as I had. I wanted to login with my account, but it didn't work. I was shocked as I found out, that ZOS stated that I had to choose a subscription model in order to get acces to the 30 days I paid with the digital version of the game.

This is illegal and I refuse to give them any information, before I get to enjoy my prepaid 30 days of game acces. It seems to be not that big of a deal, since I was planning to choose a subscrition model anyway - but they have taken the right to decide after 30 days of playing TESO away from me. I can't accept that!!

What is your opinion on that issue?

--

”The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.” – Gaiden Shinji

April 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Asten

You can pick the model and then cancel I guess, especially since the choice doesnt exist: you can't pick the code option since you dont have the code just yet (or I didnt with digital version). Probably more of a case of poor web designer than anything else.

To give them any information? The only thing they verify is your paypal for example which they know if you bought digitally. Other infos - nobody can tell if you lied or not.

But yes, it sucks, it's illegal and you can sue them. You could be well enough a kid without any bank account who's buying game cards for his pocket money: that minority was screwed the most since now they gotta buy a game code for next month to start their 30 day that should be in the box.

--

Characters:

Amith - Breton Templar, tank

April 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Drackenfels

Same was on WoW and SWTOR start... it is normal practic for MMOs. Your payment is reserved and you can cancel it at any moment.

--

Сигнатура

Only the Emperor can make the history of world. Our task is to make sure that he is OUR Empreror.

April 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Omniel Kavarden

I hate things like that : / I never participated in the beginning of a MMO (well GW 2, but there you had no problems like that^^) but I thought that I could play the 30 I had and then pay for a subscription if I want to...

--

April 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Drackenfels

They block sum on your card for the authorization check and after some time (usually 1 week) money will go back to your card until payment date. So it is not a payment just some guarantee that you can play after 30 days will end. Some banks block payment if it is not authorised, and after this procedure banks will know that you agree to pay.

For example Raiffesen can block whole card if they will suspect fraud with subscription. Until you call them or get to office with all documents

--

Сигнатура

Only the Emperor can make the history of world. Our task is to make sure that he is OUR Empreror.

April 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Omniel Kavarden

Still it seems like a dick-move to me. They don't inform you sufficiently enough, if you look at the official forums, there is a shitstorm going on as we speak.

Well, I'll have to pay a paysafecard tomorrow in order to buy one month game time then. 

--

April 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Drackenfels

They informed about this. It was written in ToS which you accepted on registering account :D. But seems that they neeeded to write it somewhere else...

P.S. can't log in after comfirming card anyway - i get timeout... and not me only

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/71830/no-patch-to-download-and-can-t-login

and their forum totally broken... so i can say that they failed start... even SWTOR start was better with maintenance time and support, and that was EA...

--

Сигнатура

April 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Clarus Ioannis

I had no problem, they said that they will take money only when 30 days end. I set up plan i'm not going to use most likely, but there has to be something to keep things going.

--

Lord Magus of the Thornwatch

April 7, 2014 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tenebris Amour
Site Owner

I think scandal is a bit much, it's common practice not just for MMO's but lots of subscription services. Take Spotify, for example; when I set up a premium sub I get 30 days free, but I'm still required to enter my payment details so they know I'm seriously considering continuing the sub. If you're really unsure, just make the sub, cancel and enjoy your 30 days. You can re-sub at any point.

--

Lord Commander of the Thornwatch

April 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.